Top Reasons to have your Home CleanedAugust 7, 2017
Fall Cleaning Tips for Your HomeOctober 4, 2017
Cleaning your home can be quite a chore, and not exactly a task you’re eager to complete. If you play your cards right, however, cleaning your home can be easy and simple. Below are some tips on how to clean your home in a quick, efficient manner.
1. Keep everything together. Whether in a carry-all apron, basket, or bucket, it’s easier in the long run to keep all cleaning items together. This will save you time from going back and forth to find the right item needed for the cleaning project you’re tackling.
2. Opt for a vacuum. Long gone are the days of sweeping the floors and using vacuums strictly on carpeted surfaces. Vacuums can come in handy for all surfaces, they can also clean curtains and shelves that are hard to reach.
3. Purchase an extension cord and hook it up to your vacuum. Instead of hassling with one room at a time and unplugging the vacuum to prevent the cord from coming out of the wall mid-clean, invest in a long extension cord so you’re covered for several areas of the house.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Tinier household items need not be cleaned often (you could get away with dusting them once a month). Focus instead on the larger items and spaces in your household, as those are the ones to collect the most dirt, dust, dander, etc.
5. Create a routine. Whether it’s starting in the smaller rooms first, or working your way from one end of the house to the other, create a system that works best for you.
6. Before cleaning, de-clutter your home. This can save you time as well as a possible accident (if items are lying around, it’s possible to trip and get hurt in the middle of cleaning).
7. In each room, store some cleaning products so you can clean as you go. Keeping each room tidy each day will ease the stress of cleaning the entire household. The easier the job, the sooner it will be completed.
8. After each shower, squeegee the shower door and walls. This will prevent soap residue and water build-up from coating the walls. Also, be sure to leave the shower door slightly open for airflow so mildew will be prevented.
9. Teamwork! Don’t be afraid to share the cleaning responsibility with other members in your household. If you have children, assign them their own rooms and bathrooms to clean.
10. Focus on the task at hand. Set aside disturbances such as cell phones, tablets, etc., and shut off the television to set your attention upon completing the job.