By: Ashley Elvington
There are many dangers out there in the world today; however, your home shouldn’t be one of them. The effects of having a dirty home can be quite dangerous, and even deadly, if not properly handled. Below are some dangers you may experience from keeping an untidy abode.
1. When it comes to the kitchen, it can be a breeding ground for diseases, mold, and bacteria if pots/pans/plates, utensils/other dishware, and appliances go without proper cleaning. Ovens that go unclean for extended periods of time can also create a fire hazard. Cross-contamination could bring issues such as E.coli, salmonella, and campylobacter into play, while food that is improperly stored or disposed of can bring rodents, bugs, and other unwanted pesky guests into your house.
2. As for the living room, curtains, rugs, and cushioned furniture need to be vacuumed quite often, as these can be traps for pet dander, mold, and dust. This can lead to difficulties in breathing, such as the development of asthma or allergies or even mold sickness, if accumulated over time.
3. Although it may seem hard to believe, the bedroom can be one of the rooms in your house containing the most dirt. How so, you ask? We shed skin cells on a daily basis and although we can’t see it happening, they can be collected and trapped within our bed sheets. It’s important to wash them, along with pillow cases and blankets, on a regular basis. As with the living room, all curtains and rugs will also need to be cleaned to dispose of any possible dangers trapped in the fabrics.
4. The room that can be the greatest danger is the bathroom. Counters, sinks, floors, toilets, showers, and tubs can all be susceptible to bacteria and parasites, such as worms, E. coli, and staph. In fact, bacteria particles are released into the air each time you flush the toilet and mold can easily generate in the moist environment of a bathtub or shower. Just because it looks clean, doesn’t mean that it actually is. It is recommended for your bathroom to be professionally cleaned often; just because you can’t see the bacteria, doesn’t mean it’s not there. Better to be safe than sorry!
5. Clutter. No matter what room this lies in, it is a danger to all who live in and enter your home. You are not only at risk of falling or quite possibly injuring yourself seriously, but clutter can also prove to be a fire hazard as well as the perfect hiding spot for rodents and other pests. Clutter can also cause dust, which in turn causes respiratory issues.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, call us a Carolina Cleaning Company. We’re here to help!