Household Items That Can Be Cleaned in Five Minutes or LessMarch 23, 2018
Tips for Cleaning Stainless Steel AppliancesMay 3, 2018
We know – cleaning the house can be tedious. And, depending on how the rest of your day looks, you may decide to skip a few items or areas so the job doesn’t take up so much of your time. But what about those things you miss? Here are five places that most likely need a cleaning, and ASAP.
- Ceiling fan blades. Some of us operate by the phrase, “Well, there’s no need to clean it if you can’t see the dust anyway.” Wrong! Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean that it’s not there. The tops of ceiling fan blades are the perfect spot for the dust to gather. They should be cleaned twice a week at most; you’ll thank us for this tip later after you get tired of a fan that blows dust around the room.
- Tops of furniture. Whether it’s a dresser drawer or a bookshelf, grab a step stool and dust the top portion. Just as with ceiling fan blades, dust can easily gather in this hard to reach the spot.
- Baseboards. If yours are white, they’ll easily show dust and dirt, as well as dirt bunnies and pet hair. Wipe them down once a week or every two weeks.
- HVAC vents. Whether in the floor or ceiling, these vents trap dust, dirt, fir, etc., so your household has clean air flowing through it. You may need a mask for this job so your allergies aren’t triggered.
- The top space of your refrigerator. This reasoning goes back to #1 and #2; just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there! The top of your refrigerator can easily collect cooking oils, grease, bugs, dust, dirt, etc. This is all best removed by bleach spray.