Common Mistakes Made When De-cluttering Your HomeAugust 10, 2018
Tips of Cleaning Floors and TilesNovember 8, 2018
Summertime is winding down to a close, soon fall will be here. To help welcome the new season with open arms and peace of mind, here are some post-summer cleaning tips to help your home look like new with the arrival of the new season.
- Clean all outdoor furniture and cushions. This will remove any debris that collected during the summer. For fabric cushions, spot clean cotton, polyester and acrylics with liquid dishwashing soap and warm water. Rinse with clean water and let them air dry.
- Wash beach towels if you haven’t so far. You’ll want to wash them in the hottest water allowed for the type of fabric they are and don’t forget to add some fabric softener.
- Clean your grill and grilling utensils. Chances are, you’ve used your grill quite a bit during the summertime. After all, what’s more, perfect than a beautiful sunny day and some hamburgers and hot dogs? Get rid of all grit and grime by scrubbing your grill back to a shiny, spotless condition. While we’re sure you wash your utensils after use, a deep cleaning doesn’t hurt before putting them away until warmer weather returns.
- Clean and drain your lawnmower. Remove any built-up grass, empty the gas tank, and run the mower dry for winter. This prevents the carburetor from becoming clogged while in storage.
- Clean your gardening tools. This will prevent them from rusting while they’re stored away until warmer weather returns.
- Sweep and tidy up your garage. Remove all grass and debris, clean any oil stains, fix any issues with the garage door, throw away boxes of junk, donate items you won’t be using anytime soon, etc.