Tips for Cleaning Stainless Steel AppliancesMay 3, 2018
Organizing Your Kitchen PantryJuly 14, 2018
If you love to bake and/or cook, chances are you’ve got plenty of utensils at hand. These can easily become cluttered, however, especially if thrown in a drawer with no organized method keeping them easy to spot and/or grab. Here are some helpful tips to make life in the kitchen easier for you.
- Install a towel rack. If you have open space on a kitchen wall, try installing a towel rack with “S” hooks to hang your utensils.
- Try a pegboard. If you aren’t too keen on the towel rack, try a pegboard instead to help store your utensils. It will work, as these are often used in garages and workshops to hold tools.
- Hang a rake. Yes, that’s right, a rake! If you like the rustic, farmhouse/outdoors look, you can hang a rake on your wall to be used as a hook for utensils.
- Utilize a pitcher. If you have some antique pitchers around the kitchen, feel free to use those to store your utensils.
- Build your own D.I.Y. utensil rack. If you take pride in making your own items feel free to create your own utensil rack.
- Try a different location. If there is no wall space and the countertop space is limited, you could hang them from a bar that has been installed on the side of your kitchen cabinets. Another option is placing them in bins that fit into a pull-out drawer.
- Attach hooks to the inside of cabinet doors. Make sure, however, that the doors close completely shut.
- Install an under-the-cabinet mount. These go underneath cabinets and have flexible grippers that will hold the utensils in place.
- Switch up the position. If you prefer to keep them in a drawer, try storing them diagonally with dividers between them.
- Get crafty and colorful. If you have children, you may find that it’s fun to build a storage container together out of their Lego blocks. This creates a fun family project and adds a whimsical flair to your kitchen.